- Students must have a B-average or higher
- Proof of college acceptance
- An essay (minimum of 500 words ) discussing accomplishments, community service and career goals
- A letter of recommendation from a teacher , guidance counselor or JAMCCAR member
- Submission of application by the deadline date
- A written statement that funds will only be used for educational purposes.
- Application must be postmarked by April 15, 2017.
- Completed application with attachments should be sent to JAMCCAR, Attention: Scholarship Committee, PO Box 1727, Spring Valley, NY 10977.
A Message to our Students
We salute all our students for their dedication to academic accomplishments. These are our future role models for tomorrow. We have no doubt that they will succeed in college, and in their careers.
- Graduating High School Seniors from any school district who are members or associate members of JAMCCAR and who have been actively participating in the organization, or
- Graduating High School Seniors of Jamaican parentage, graduating from a Rockland County High School and who have been actively involved in JAMCCAR or other community organizations. Proof of involvement will be required.
'After meeting the following criteria, YOU MUST complete a personal interview with the scholarship committee.'
Involvement in Community Organizations
All scholarship recipients are required to attend JAMCCAR's monthly meeting on July 14, 2017 to share their educational plans and JAMCCAR's Independence Gala on August 5, 2017 to receive awards.(Participation in JAMCCAR is a plus) Scholarship applications are available from guidance counselors of all county highschools as well as from JAMCCAR' s Scholarship committee.
Please note the following points carefully
- Late or incomplete applications will not be considered
- You will be notified upon receipt of application
- The decision of the Scholarship Committee is final.
- Awardees will be notified by May 31, 2017
- Eligibility and meeting of the requirements should not be construed as a guarantee that a scholarship will be offered.